Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Wednesday Hodgepodge






1. What's changed in your life, home, or community since your last birthday?

Image result for changes
From July 3rd till now....
Life has thrown us another curve ball.....last May #1 daughter did not get the best heart check-up...I know a long time from May (2016) to March (2017) for next appointment.  I have days that I cry and  cry and cry...but a friend (my sorority sister ) said the long  time between the next appointment  just gives us all more time to cover her in prayers.  So when I feel a tear coming on...I do shed some, but I also whisper a prayer for my daughter.

My home has changed because I moved!!  

My community has not changed still a quiet little town until a home football game and one would think it is the NFL playing.



2. September is Classical Music Month. Do you like/listen to classical music? If so what's a favorite piece and/or who is a favorite composer?

No....I did when both daughters played the piano.  I could always tell the kind of day daughters had by the song choice they played on the piano.  I miss those days!


3. Besides The Bible, what's a book that has positively changed your life, relationships, career, or perspective? How so?

Well, I came across this book when moving...

Image result for love, learning, by leo buscualio
Read this book a long time ago.  I thumbed the book and found little side notes I had made..now I know why I have kept this book for so long.  A good upbeat book that can raise one's spirit.

4. I read (here) these ten hobbies will make you smarter...play a musical instrument, read voraciously, meditate regularly, work out your brain (puzzles, sudoku, board games, etc), exercise often, learn a new language, write your feelings down (blog, journal, just write), travel to new places, cook different kinds of meals, participate in sports actively

Are any on this list your current hobbies? Which hobby on the list would you be most inclined to try?
Image result for read
Image result for zumba
Image result for journaling
I do read voraciously, exercise on Monday evenings for 2 hours, and write my feelings down.  I use to play a musical instrument many years ago.

Most incline to try....
Image result for travel

5. What sports traditions does your family have?

No sports traditions here  :(  

6. In a few words, weigh in on the current football/National Anthem brouhaha. Keep it family friendly please.

RESPECT....is what is lacking.  Many years ago, I would play the song RESPECT for my students.  This was all I wanted in the classroom and in return would RESPECT each student as well.
Respect our country.

7. Where do you have loads of patience, and where do you most lack patience?

A pat on the back here...I have patience with hub.  When I see hub becoming agitated, I use a calming voice and try to smooth things over....patience.
I lack patience with trying to communicate with someone on the phone (Internet help, settling a claim, etc.) I have caught myself saying....left foot, right foot, breathe...repeat.

8. Insert your own random thought here.

Still enjoying the warm nights.

Image result for porch sitting

1 comment:

  1. I'm finally catching up on last week's HP before this week's HP. I don't know what happened with your first link, but this one was good : ) I'm so sorry to hear your daughter had a tough check up. I will most definitely add her to my prayers (remind me of her first name...I can't remember which one is older)

    ReplyDelete

Wednesday Hodgepodge

  1.What do you love about your life right now?  I thank God everyday for giving me a new day.  I love spending time with my grandsons; ther...