1. Many families have a story they love to tell every year around a holiday. Does your family have one? Are you the star of that story, or does another family member take center stage? Share your story if you want.
No, my family has no story. I hope there are stories here I can read.
2. Are you afraid to speak your own opinion?
Sometimes I do not speak for fear and this depends on who is around and where I am. I really don't like to offend anyone with my opinions except hub of course! Occasionally, more than once, I do blurt out my opinion before realizing what I have said-a case of open mouth and insert foot.
3. Pantone has announced the color of the year for 2016, and for the first time have chosen two shades-rose quartz and serenity. Hmmm...did you know serenity was a color? You can read the thought behind their selection here, but essentially it's blending the warmth of rose quartz with the tranquility of a very soft shade of blue. So what do you think? Are these colors I'd find in your home or wardrobe? Will you add something in these shades to either place in the new year?
I like the two shades Pantone has chosen. I did not know serenity was a color and how did look this color up. These are not colors I have in my home, but maybe in the future....maybe in a bathroom-that's what I am thinking right now. I do have rose quartz in my wardrobe and some jewelry in rose quartz which I love.
4. If you could be in a Christmas carol, which one would you choose? Why?
I would chose "Let There Be Peace on Earth." This was the first song that popped in my head. I read a little about the origin of this song, because I have heard it sung at other events. A little history-in 1955 a group of teenager of all races and religions were meeting at a worship center in California. They hooked arms, formed a circle, and sang this song on top of a mountain. These young teenagers shared this song and now this song is heard around the globe.
If I want peace, then I should strive for peace. There is a tough situation hub and I are dealing with involving hub's son. I want to live in harmony again.
5. December 9th is National Pastry Day. Will you celebrate? When did you last purchase something from a bakery? What's your favorite treat that falls under the heading of pastry? Do you make it yourself or buy from the professionals?
No, I will not celebrate National Pastry Day because I am not a pastry fan. I did purchase something from a bakery a couple of weeks ago for our Sunday morning worship service. My favorite treat would be Poppy Seed Muffins and definitely store bought.
6. When it comes to holiday decorating_____________________________.
I have downsized in this compartment. Years ago, I had three or more trees decorated. My entire house was decorated even the bathrooms. Now that both daughters have grown, I just decorate one tree and put out a few decorations.
7. When did you last laugh so much it hurt? Explain.
A couple of weeks ago, I was rushing around trying to bake cookies, do laundry, straighten up the house, and talk on the phone. I forgot I had left the bottom drawer.of the oven open. I went through the house to get something and then come back and check on the cookies baking. I tripped over the oven drawer. I think I fell for 10 minutes! Hub was down stairs and yelled what had I dropped. Laying with one foot in the drawer, I answered a pot. Later, when telling him about it, we both laughed By the way, my ankle was bruised...
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I leave you with this....