Sunday, November 8, 2015

Weekend Rewind...



Weekend Rewind...

Image result for November


I have really enjoyed the unusually warm temps this week, but the time change is another story...
Is anyone else having a hard time with the time change?

Friday evening hub and I took grandson to the last high school football game.  We had planned on going to the Peanuts movie (earlier weather forecast was for rain) but grandson chose attending the football game.  It was a warm night, so we walked to the game.  Grandson had a skip in his step and all was great!  The game was a little teary eyed because it was also Senior Night and these fine men along with fine young ladies will be missed next year.  I am sure these fine men and ladies have a new path so promising. It began to sprinkle at the beginning of the fourth quarter so we headed back home.  I did not want to get caught in the rain.  Luckily the rain held off for the rest of the game. After giving grandson his bath, I was ready for bed-before 10-I can't get use to this time change.  

Saturday I attended a jewelry party and the coffee shop was decorated for Christmas (I didn't decorate-the photographer did).  The coffee shop was being used for Christmas pictures.  I must admit this put me a little in the Christmas mood.  But that changed....I like to enjoy one holiday at a time.  Thanksgiving first then Christmas....not to offend anyone. Later that evening, hub and I grabbed a bit to eat (Pizza) and before 9:30 I was sound asleep. I can't get use to this time change.

I can't get use to this time change. I need daylight to function and with it getting dark before 5:30 it is like my mind says to put pj's on and call it a night.  It will take me a few weeks to adjust and then it will be time to change the clock again!  I do wish they would leave the time alone...

Wednesday we will be having a Veteran's Day Program at school.  I do not think many young people realize what all these men and women have done to preserve our freedoms.  Many of mine uncles have fought in the Korean War and the Vietnam War.  I can remember my uncles having nightmares after returning home from the Vietnam War but not saying anything about the war itself.  I truly appreciate all who fought for my freedom. Thank a veteran!Image result for veterans day

Have a Blessed Week and Enjoy Life!Image result for veterans day

1 comment:

  1. I don't like the time change either!! I like more daylight hours in the evening for sure. I'm glad your school is honoring our Veterans. Like you said, the youngsters just don't understand the sacrifice some have made for our country. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Wednesday Hodgepodge

  1.What do you love about your life right now?  I thank God everyday for giving me a new day.  I love spending time with my grandsons; ther...