Thank a Vet!
1. In two or three sentences tell us what Veteran's Day means to you?
Veteran's Day is to honor an pay tribute to those who is serving/has served our country. Even as I write these sentences, someone is defending OUR COUNTRY! To all Veterans-Past-Present-Future-I Salute YOU!
2. What's your favorite film with a patriotic theme woven into the storyline?
It would have to be Top Gun. Also I like the music played in Top Gun.
3. Flu shot-yes or no? If you answered no, do you plan to get a flu shot? If not, why not? Have you ever had the flu?
Yes, daughter gave me a flu shot several weeks ago. Four years ago I had the flu. I woke up that morning feeling a little bad, but I trudged on to school. A few hours later, a male teacher told me I didn't look good-I didn't feel good was my response. I went to the secretary to see if she could get me a sub and then I called the doctor (a close friend). By the time I had gotten to the doctor my temp was 103. I felt terrible-even the hair on my head hurt! I stayed in bed for 5 straight days---awful! It was the worst I had felt in ages. So I do not take any chances-get your flu shot today. By the way, I also quit smoking then-I was too sick to smoke so I said to myself if I can go a week without smoking, then I can quit-and I did!!
4. I've seen lots of people posting pictures of their Christmas trees up and decorated. Many stores have had Christmas on display since well before Halloween. Red cups are back at Starbucks, sans the holiday decor, and that has some people up in arms. What are your thoughts on all the holiday ruckus this second week of November?
I like to celebrate on holiday at a time. Let me enjoy Thanksgiving before celebrating Christmas.
I can"t believe we are arguing about a RED CUP. Let's talk about something important such as: education, jobs, taking care of the elderly, finding a cure for diseases (Cancer, ALS, ) helping those who are less fortunate, but all this fuss about a RED CUP--SERIOUSLY????
5. What 'critter' are you most afraid of encountering unexpectedly? Why that one?
A mouse-I don't know why-just scared of them.
6. Do you like building things? What's the last thing you 'built'?
No, not really. I have difficulty seeing the finished product. In 2013, hub, daughter, and I remodeled a beer joint to our drug store...Chilhowie Drug Company and Coffee Shop. I am amazed at the people who stop by and are amazed at the transformation. I know remodeling may not seem like building but in this case it was huge.
7. In keeping with this month's theme of gratitude...what are you most grateful for that brings beauty to your daily life?
God and my family. I love reading my devotions in the mornings, and I get ready for school/work listening to Contemporary Christian music-makes my mornings much smoother. How can one underestimate the beauty of God's work.
Spending time with family brings beauty to my life. As I have gotten older so has my family. I miss seeing my daughters everyday and just chatting about all the silly girl stuff.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Hub has to have a procedure November 23rd-asking to whisper his name in your prayers because for 34 years he has taken my breathe away!