1. Did you do anything 'memorable' this past weekend?
NO! not by my choice I love to do get out and just enjoy; however, hub does not. When the girls were younger, we would go and leave hub behind. Now that the girls are older and have a life of their own, I do not like going places by myself. I need to get over this and just go. I hate sitting at home! Hub is so content on just sitting and doing nothing.
2. Ronald Reagan is quoted as saying-
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same."
Your thoughts? Do you somehow acknowledge and appreciate the freedoms you enjoy? Did your upbringing contribute to that sense of appreciation? If you're a parent, are there specific things you do to pass on this sense of responsibility and appreciation to your own children in regard to the freedoms they enjoy?
Freedom I have always cherished. It is so hard for me to not make kids stand when saying the Pledge or stand when the National Anthem is sung! So hard for me to bite my tongue. My parents showed me what freedom was all about and this I have passed down to my daughters.
3. Loudest noise you've ever heard?
Fireworks-the great big boom! I loved watching the fireworks when living in Baltimore and the louder the better. Living in a small town, the fireworks aren't that amazing but I still enjoy going. I use to take daughters, and daughter #1 always kept her ears covered and eyes closed. She still does not care for the loud boom fireworks!
4. What was the last thing you ate that might be considered 'junk food'? Did you enjoy it?
Potato chips. I seem to crave potato chips nightly.
5. When was the last time you were somewhere the crowd felt 'packed in like sardines'?
At church=Christmas Eve Communion is packed--around 300 extra people attend-which is a good thing.
6. Are you organized when it comes to packing for a trip? Do you make a list weeks in advance or toss items in last minute? Are you a carry-on only sort of packer or do you need an entire suitcase for your shoes?
I am OCD in this area! Organized-you betcha! make a list-Most Definitely a few weeks ahead!! When daughter played travel basketball, I became a carry-on and still am today! -not much a luggage user-but boy I can really pack a carry-on neatly!!
7. What was the last sporting event you attended in person? Did your team win? Did you care?
Grandson plays T-Ball so going to his games for the past couple of months. One aspect of T-Ball-NO ONE KEEPS SCORE!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
It still amazes me why people (who are in their mid 30's) with children still tend to act like they are a teenager.