Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Wedensday Hodgepodge






1. The Hodgepodge falls on the last day of February this year, a leap year. How will you spend that extra day?
Right now I am feeling a little overwhelmed and tired.  Wednesday I will be spending the day teaching 8th graders, trying to catch-up on Monday's work, and frantically make out lesson plans for Thursday and Friday (just in case.)  Now our lesson plans are turned in on Friday and plans on computer by Monday morning.  BUT I will not be in school Thursday and hopefully Friday as well.  #2 daughter's college basketball team qualified for the tournament -Yep had to take personal leave on Monday-to watch the game which started at noon and they qualified for the tournament.  Thursday's game begins at 2 in Frankfurt, Kentucky and if they win, they will play again on Saturday.  Or course, the team is scheduled to play the #1 team in the conference.  I am excited and thrilled and my mind is going in all directions-no only do I have to make out lesson plans-we write down every little detail for the substitute, but I have bus duty, after school duty (tutor sessions), and our county's benchmark testing-scores are used as predictors for the state assessments--so not a good week to miss, but FAMILY comes first!
 
2. What has recently required a leap of faith on your part? 

My husband was diagnosed with colon cancer in 2010.  Every time he has a doctor's appointment, I have a leap of faith.  When he has a pain (no matter how small) or an usual knot appears-(when you have been diagnosed with the 'C' word all is trying), I have a giant leap of faith.  Just the other day a friend he knew (also diagnosed with colon cancer) passed away-I kept telling him to have faith and not all circumstances are the same.  Sometimes-I get tired and I worry too much-I keep telling myself -God does not put anything on us we cannot handle.  I HATE the 'C' word!!

3. We're one week into the season of Lent...are you marking these 40 days in some way? Giving something up or adding something extra to normal life? How's it going so far?

I am giving up eating after 8p.m.  However, I ate Saturday night after 8.  We had been to a basketball game, and I had not had lunch and only snacked for dinner.  At around 11 that night I ate two bit of honey -the small size.  I had completely forgotten.  Hub called me Eve because of this.  He was also hungry, but he would not eat.  He even called daughters and told what I had done-so like him.  This is the first time I can remember giving something up for Lent and I must admit it is very hard to do.  Since the incident on Saturday, I am more aware of the time-frame--and not eating after 8p.m.



4. When was the last time you sat beside a fire?
Last fall.  We have a fire place out back and enjoy sitting around the fire.  It is such a relaxing atmosphere.




5. Surf and Turf is on the menu. Do you order as is or do you ask for just the surf (lobster), just the turf (steak), or a menu so you can select another option?
I stick to the menu-surf and turf for me.

6. If you could have any television program back, not in reruns but in new episodes, what program would you choose?
The Waltons.  I can remember my college roommates and I would stop whatever it was we were doing to watch The Waltons.  It came on every Thursday night.


7. They say an elephant never forgets. These days would you say your memory is more like an elephant or a gnat?
Elephant-Hub says he can't understand how I remember -the time and place to be exact.  It is funny though how I can remember something that happened many years ago and then forget what I went to the grocery store to get!

8. Insert your own random thought here.
With the mild temperatures, my flowers are beginning to bloom.  I just hope the cold weather doesn't return.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A-Z Challenge...Letter P

  P Playing with Grandsons H ow can one not smile when around their grandchildren?   My grandsons just make me feel better when I am around ...