Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Wednesday Hodgepodge





Enjoy--Thanks Joyce!!!!  All hop on over.





1. What is the most useful book in your house?
The Bible-and the book Grace for the Moment by Max Lucado.  Most people probably begin their day with some type of inspirational thought, but I end my day with an inspirational thought.  I reflect back on my day by reading
Grace for the Moment.   To me this is a time when I realize God's complete care and control over everything that concerns me.


2. What's worse-being too hot or too cold?
Hands down--too hot!!!  If I am too cold, I can always bundle up in layers and a blanket-but nothing helps me when I am too hot!!!!
Does anyone have any suggestions or helpful tips for hot flashes!!!!!!!!

3. Share something that made you smile this past weekend.

Knowing that my family was safe and happy!!!!
BTW---I did get a VW convertible on Saturday!






4.  How do you like your hamburgers?  Or don't you?


Hamburgers on the grill with all the fix ins (except raw onions because the onions give me migraines)--plenty of mustard, dab of mayo, pickles, lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, relish, slaw, and chili.   Also, no bun please!!


 5. What's your summer beach read? If it's not summer in your part of the world then tell us what book you're reading in front of the fire while sipping hot cocoa.

I am reading--The Paris Wife: A Novel-by Paula McLain.



6.How was your birthday celebrated when you were a kid?


Just recently had a birthday--Sunday.  I had a couple of birthday parties when I was younger.  I remember one in particular with many  friends there.  We played with water balloons and had a great time. So much fun I didn't want to stop and open presents.  Many times my birthday was celebrated in conjunction with the Fourth of July. After eating crabs at my uncle's house in Baltimore, we would all gather on his front lawn and watch the fireworks. I reminisce about these days a lot now and miss them.                                                                                                                       



7. What's something that is totally uncool that you love anyway?


Music-The Tams are my favorite group.  My daughters think this is uncool, but what dos a 23 and a 21 year-old know? hehe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_57s1C1_vJY&feature=player_detailpage#t=35s
http://youtu.be/_57s1C1_vJY
Clothes--Daughter #2 always tells me I wear Momma jeans or Momma pants---there are some things I just can't let go of.


8. Insert your own random thought here.
I just can't believe some people.  They take advantage of everyone and then think when you do them a favor it is a privilege that you did the favor.  Give me a break!!!!  Honestly, I am scared of the generation of people after me--no respect, no love, and only care about themselves.
:( Rambling......
Have a great day!!!! and Enjoy Life!!
Tammy













No comments:

Post a Comment

Wednesday Hodgepodge

  1.What do you love about your life right now?  I thank God everyday for giving me a new day.  I love spending time with my grandsons; ther...