Wednesday, November 23, 2022

Thankful for the Wednesday Hodgepodge

 



From this Side of the Pond

1. Have you ever been on a cruise? If so where did you go and how did you like it? If not, do you have any desire to take a cruise someday? 

I have never been on a cruise.  This summer on my girls' trip, we all talked about going on a cruise for our next adventure.  I can't remember the destinations we all discussed.  So yes, I have a desire to go on a cruise. 


2. Tell us about your Thanksgiving plans...are you hosting? cooking? eating out? turkey or some other main? is it stuffing or dressing in your house? homemade cranberries or cranberries in a can? are pies on the dessert menu? what kind? what are your 'must have' sides? Tell us one thing you're especially grateful for this year.

My Thanksgiving plans are:  I will be preparing food to take to the church by 8am that morning 5lbs of coleslaw.  Around 10am I will meet back at the church, and my son-in-law and I will deliver food to needy families. This is something my family and I have been doing for at least 18 years.  

Then I will prepare dinner for my daughter and her family and my mom.  Daughter is bringing the turkey or ham and dressing, and I will be preparing the other items.  Most definitely a dessert but it will not be pumpkin pie!

I am so grateful for my little family and MY Friends.  My friends have been through hell with me!


3. If someone approaches you and asks for money do you give it to them? Do you drop money 'in a tin cup' that belongs to a person on the street? Do you have a specific charity you support during the holiday season and/or year round?

I usually give people money after being approached (I think it is because I am too scared not to especially when they bang on my car window.)  Where I live I haven't seen anyone with a tip cup on the street.  There are a few charities I donate to every year...St. Jude and Relay for Life.  This year I also sponsored a student who belongs to the Navagiators at her college.

4. Have you started decorating for Christmas? Is your tree up? Shopping done? Wrapped? 

No, I have not started decorating or buying gift for Christmas.  I like to take one holiday at a time.  The day after Thanksgiving I begin.

5. Create your own acrostic using the word THANKS. 

Thankful

Health

Adventure

Kids

Sunshine


 6.  Insert your own random thought here. 

I pray all stays healthy through the holiday season.  The tridamic has hit our little area and school system (over 200 students out daily with 20 teachers absence.)  The flu, strep-throat, and stomach viurs!

Happy Thanksgiving!!


 


 

5 comments:

  1. Tridemic - oh that would be horrible!! I hope you stay well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful service you provide on Thanksgiving. I'm happy to say no one has ever pounded on my window asking for money. YIKES. Sorry to read about the illness in your neck of the woods. Happy Thanksgiving to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stay well! So many germs out there right now. I love your Thanksgiving plans..what a lovely thing to do on this day. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed your answers. Happy Thanksgiving to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you stay well and I hope all went as planned for your Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

Wednesday Hodgepodge

1. What kind of thinker are you-doer concrete thinking) analyst (analytical and abstract thinking), orator (logical thinking) inventor (imag...