A Mother....Wednesday Medley
Thank you for hosting! Happy Mother's Day to you!
1. Where did your mom grow up?
My mother grew up in Clinchburg, Virginia....a very, small town. But, I am sure back in the day it was a booming little place.
2. Tell us about her siblings, if she has/had any. Did you have a favorite aunt or uncle?
My mother had seven siblings....six brothers and 1 sister. My mother is not the oldest but it is the only one living in the family.
3. What is ONE of your favorite memories you can share with us of your mom?
I can't think of any.
4. Please share a picture or two of your mom with us.
I am sure I have one, but don't remember where it is.
5. Let's not leave out the grandmothers. Share what you will.
I had the best grandmothers. My paternal grandmother was the most loving and Christian person I had ever known. She helped me buy my wedding gown and whenever I had a problem she would say, "Have you prayed about it?" That was her response always.
My maternal grandmother was one I go and spend my summers with in Baltimore, Maryland. She and I would bake candy for her son stationed in Vietnam. She had a heart of gold.
I miss my two Mam-Mow's terribly.
6. Do you have any special plans for Mother's Day?
After attending church service, and if the weather holds out...my daughter has planned a cook-out. PLUS...two of my college sorority sisters are coming for the weekend. Yipee!!