Monday, August 13, 2018

Our little vacation....

Our little vacation this year.  One of the best vacations ever!

Hub and I went to Pigeon Forge for a few nights last week.  The weather was perfect and Charlie had a pretty, good time...which made my heart smile!  It had been a few years since we had been anywhere due to Charlie's cancer returning.  He was the one who wanted to go....I was a little reluctant...what if he gets sick, where is the hospital, a million questions racing through my mind...but I went.

Later that week, we were joined by this cutie pie...
Daughter, hub, and this cute thing, Blake, came.  Like us, they hadn't been anywhere in a few years, with sickness and the birth of a newborn just didn't have the time to go.  So glad they came to spend 4 nights with us.

This was Blake's first vacation and his dad, Kenneth doesn't believe in sitting around... this too, makes me smile.  
He loved the Rainforest Zoo.  He is so attentive.

Thoroughly enjoyed the Aquarium!

We learned he loved ice cream!!  Yep, he is daughter's son!!

He had a great time at the Island.....


 They are great parents!

A visit to Build A Bear....
Look, I can palm a basketball....wonder where he takes his talent after..hum..

Blake is blessed to have great parents even if they do some crazy stuff with him..
Dad did have a hard time getting his shirt off!

We left a day earlier than planned but had a great time.



Charlie and I got home Saturday so these two fellows could spend the night with us.  It has been since February since they have been able to spend the night.  A long, sad story...


Daughter sent this picture to me that night...I think they both were a little tired.

One of the best vacations EVER!

Have a great week.



2 comments:

  1. So glad you were able to get away and have fun with family! It always feels good for the heart! Your grandson is adorable and I love that picture she sent to you - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you had some r & r with family!

    ReplyDelete

Wednesday Hodgepodge

1. What kind of thinker are you-doer concrete thinking) analyst (analytical and abstract thinking), orator (logical thinking) inventor (imag...