Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Wednesday Hodgepodge



From this Side of the Pond


1. What happens to the mail at your house?

Usually, I get the mail out of the box, but then I just leave it on the counter for hub to go through.

2. Something you always splurge on? Any guilt associated with the splurge?

Pocketbooks..... I am obsessed!! I love Michael Kors and Kate Spade.  My daughters tell me all the time, "Mom you don't need another Michael Kors/Kate Spade purse!"  Do I need?  Nope, do I want, Yep.

3. There are many, but what are two important questions you think every bride and groom should ask/answer before they plan their walk down the aisle?

Since oldest daughter who is getting married in October can't ever have children (mechanical heart valve) her finance already knows...and believe me I told him this over and over before he popped the question, I won't discuss children  but I do think married couples need to ask/answer this question before marriage.
So I will go with these two questions/answers:
1.  How will we handle our holidays now that two families are merging?
 2, Do we have a clear idea of each other's finances? I would also add clear idea of splitting up household chores.

4. What's the best advice your father ever gave you?


To always help those who need help...no matter what.  I remember one particular Christmas, it was Charlie and mine first Christmas as a married couple.  A house had burnt down and this family needed help.  Now, when we were first married I was doing my student teaching...so Charlie had the only income.  I had saved money to buy Charlie something special for our 'first' Christmas, but my dad had another plan....to help this family.  I listened to dad and seeing the smile on that family's face was worth it all.  My dad has been gone for 34 years, he passed away shortly after I got married.  And man there are still days I wish I could talk to him!

5. Your favorite movie where a father features heavily in the storyline?

The first one that came to my mind ....I Can Only Imagine

6. Insert your own random thought here.

Wishing all Father's a Happy Father's Day...especially this man

5 comments:

  1. Very good questions for those considering marriage! It was hard to think of just two questions, wasn't it? But the two you came up with addressed some potential problems, for sure.

    I enjoyed reading your answers today. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn’t think of I Can Only Imagine. I loved it! Hope Charlie is doing well and has a wonderful Fathers Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet photo! And it sounds like your dad was a wonderful man. Great advice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a great father movie too!!!! So many good ones I didn't even think about!

    Also, great marriage questions!
    And I too LOVE a good handbag! KS is my absolute favorite! (Their 70% off sales have become many a birthday/Christmas/Anniversary gifts!)

    (www.rainydayinmay.com)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Handbags rock! I have not seen that movie yet (I Can Only Imagine) but I am dying to! I have loved that song for years so I Can Only Imagine (hee hee) how much I am going to love the movie!! I am now following from Hodgepodge - you can follow back if you want at Annster's Domain

    ReplyDelete

A-Z Challenge...Letter Q

  Q Q Quietness Quietness It used to unsettle me when I had nothing to do and it was quiet.   But now I enjoy the quietness.  I still have d...