Friday, March 31, 2017

Rough one



I am sitting here watching hub sleep and listening to his beautiful  sounds he makes while sleeping. I never thought I would think snoring was a beautiful sound BUT at this moment it is.

Hub had his first round of chemo a little over a week ago(March 21st to be exact). The following g Thursday we went to remove his chemo pump (after taking 3 different kinds of chemo he comes home with a mobile pump-pumping chemo into his body for 46 hrs) and he became like a dishrag. A wheel chair was needed to roll him to the infusion room, his blood pressure dropped, and he began to sweat a lot! Immediately taken to the ER to begin tests and given fluids. The tests came back showing no concerns and hub began feeling better.

Monday was his doctor's appointment with his oncologist. The oncologist was concerned with his weight loss but blood work looking good. Hub promised to eat better (yeah, right) and drink better. On Tuesday he felt awful, so I called his oncologist ( hub has his cell phone number which is unheard of one days) and we began taking fluids and getting shots to increase his white blood count. Thursday he was admitted to the hospital for dehydration and low white blood count which was 0.6.

So on this Friday, I sit watching him. He is so peaceful sleeping. I miss the fun-loving, jokester person. Cancer has taken this away BUT only for a moment because this will pass and hub will be back to his normal self.

Sometimes life just sucks but tomorrow will be a better day! 

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear this. I will be praying for him and for you. I'm pleased to hear that his blood work looks good. ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope those numbers continue to climb. You and your family are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Wednesday Hodgepodge

1. What kind of thinker are you-doer concrete thinking) analyst (analytical and abstract thinking), orator (logical thinking) inventor (imag...