Weekend Catch-up




This weekend was spent tidying up.....

With a lot going on the past couple of weeks, I haven't had time to do some tidying up around the house....laundry, dusting, etc.  I spent Saturday playing 'catch-up'.  Honestly, didn't mind though. Windows were open and the cool breeze and fresh air was nice.  I felt like I had accomplished something.

After the house cleaning, I began tackling the leaves!  Oh my.....a big job.  Hub came home and told me that UT was playing and didn't I realize the time?  I looked at the leaves...I had managed to rake a huge pile...I looked again and thought...the leaves weren't going anywhere.  I quickly showered and plastered myself in front of the television.  Hub grilled out a black and bleu burger and we woofed it down to finish watching the game. The game wasn't going as I hoped for so I told hub we needed to go to the Fall Festival. Hub was relunctant to leave but with a few huffs and puffs from me, he went.  The best section of the Fall Festival is the silent auction....which I love.  There were so many nice baskets ranging from fire pits to flight packages.  I had placed my bid on a few baskets and watching carefully the other bidders. I overheard someone say that Tennessee had won, so I kindly interrupted to join the conversation.  I got the details of Tennessee winning but was so distracted I missed my final bid on the baskets...BUMMED.  On the way home, hub was telling me how we should have stayed home and watched the game.

We attended a family gathering on Sunday.  The weather was feeling like fall but all enjoyed the cook-out and sitting around the fire.  Hub and I went for a walk....after stuffing our selves a walk did us good.  There aren't going to be many days left to walk outside after eating. The fall chill felt good!

Enjoy your week





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend Get-A-Way

Rough one