Wednesday, June 8, 2016

wednesday hodgepodge-glad to be back







First, I am glad to be back participating!!!

1. I read here a list of 13 things you should do in June. I'm paraphrasing a little but basically...

Go on a road trip with your best friend, pick fresh strawberries, host a garden party, take a morning run, treat yourself to a flower bouquet, spend a whole day hiking, discover a new coffee shop, try a new ice cream flavor, read at least one book, visit a Farmer's Market, make a swing for your home, and visit a new city. 

Which thing on the list do you most want to do? Of the activities mentioned, which one holds the least appeal? How many on the list will you attempt in June? What's one thing you'd add to the list?
Image result for road trip
Go on a road trip with my friend and visit a new city!

Least appealing would be hiking.
I would probably attempt at least 4 of these...I love discovering coffee shops, reading, visiting Farmer's Market, not a runner but a fast morning walker.

2. What's something you could do today to feel more peaceful? 

Quit worrying.

3. June 7th is National Chocolate Ice Cream Day. Are you a fan? Swiss mocha, rocky road, chocolate chocolate chip, peanut butter and chocolate, or a dish of plain chocolate...what's your pleasure? 
Image result for rocky road ice cream
Rocky Road in a waffle cone.

4. If you came with a warning what would it say?
Image result for don't eat
Make sure she has fixed this before, it not you are in for a 'real' treat!  All know I am not the chef of the family, but I do like to try new recipes.  However, it never turns out right....not even close.

5.What's the most interesting website you've visited in the last week? 

Being the last week of school...I haven't been on any new websites.

6. Spring, summer, autumn, winter...which season are you? Why? ..

I would say I am all seasons.  Springtime I am jumping for joy with all the new birth springing up, Summer-is when I feel I can rest and be ready for fall. Fall is when I am just in awe of all of God's beauty.  Winter-I am like a kid when seeing the first snowfall.

7. "You lose sight of things...and when you travel, everything balances out." ~Daranna Gidel

Would you agree with that sentiment? Explain why or why not.  

To some extent...you don't realize what all you have at home until you travel.  This is the first thing that popped in my mind.

8. Insert your own random thought here. 

Please whisper a prayer for my sweet 28 year old daughter, Amanda.   Her last heart check-up was not the best...and 10 months is a long way for this Momma to wait!! 

7 comments:

  1. Definitely will say a prayer for your daughter. I do enjoy running, but I pulled a calf muscle a few weeks ago, so I've been power walking until it heals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha-love your warning : ) I will add Amanda to my prayers. I'm sure it's so hard not to worry. Praying for you too, that God keeps you in His perfect peace during the waiting. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pray that your daughter will be fine. We, too, have a daughter with heart issues. She is 25 and was diagnosed with multiple heart issues when she was 10 years old. I understand your worries and pray for both of our daughters to be healed. Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When you find the solution to stop worrying please let me know what it is!!! That waffle cone looks yummy. I like Rocky Road fudge, I should try the ice cream. Keeping your daughter in my prayers. ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree that hiking is something that I would not want to do.
    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete

Wednesday Hodgepodge

1. What kind of thinker are you-doer concrete thinking) analyst (analytical and abstract thinking), orator (logical thinking) inventor (imag...