1. My daughter earned her Master's Degree this past weekend...what's something you've 'mastered' in recent weeks or months?
Since beginning our 'business adventure,' I have most definitely mastered the skills in building. Truly admire contractors because most do know what they are doing and it is extremely hard work.
2. What song most reminds you of your childhood?
"Twinkle, twinkle little star" the first song that popped into my head. I remember just gazing at all the stars while walking with my dad down the road to my grandparents' house.
3. What do you think about single gender groups and/or events? Should everygroup/event be open to both genders? If not, what sort of exceptions do you think are appropriate?
It should depend on the event. Sometimes I think it is great to just have a single gender group/event-I love my hub dearly, but sometimes just want to be with 'the girls'---book club comes to my mind.
4. What's your favorite spice? Your favorite dish containing your favorite spice?
Very seldom use any spice-maybe only pepper. However, now having a doctor in the family (YEAH) daughter has told me many benefits in using spices. A few examples-oregano kills bacteria, cayenne increases metabolism, bay leaf is a anesthetic and the one for me to begin using is sage-this one helps with memory. My questions now-what foods do I use these in! and the foods have to be very simple-my skill is not in cooking.
5. I saw this question on Marla's facebook page and asked if I could
Chevron patterns are everywhere! Do you like it or think its just a little too much? Do you own anything 'chevron'?
I like the Chevron but it is a little too much sometimes. I have a few tops and dresses that are chevron.
6. What's something you disliked as a child, but can fully appreciate now?
and having disciplined parents!!
7. What can irritate you very quickly?
Anyone making fun of people with special needs-or hearing someone say "you are retarded"-I will speak up when I hear or see these believe me and what I say isn't always pretty.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I am glad to be back participating-have missed this.