Sunday, December 16, 2012

Weekend Rewind...


Weekend Rewind...


Being a teacher, I have cried many tears this weekend.  School is supposed to be a place of learning.  As teachers we practice the drills of evacuation, but we know these are only drills and never think it can never  happen at 'our' school with 'our students.  My heart like many others is very heavy.  


#1 daughter has finished one round of her rotations--Yeah!!  Saturday began lazily (is that a word?).

I can tell she is relieved to have part of her rotations behind her.


Saturday and Sunday night our church has a live Nativity scene from 6:30 to 9:00. With music playing at each scene. Much work goes into this-not only do we continue to feed the animals, we also feed the characters.  This is one of the few years my family hasn't been an active participate but I did sign up to bring food.  Hub and I drove grandson through the Nativity scene.







Yes, the animals are real--donkeys, sheep, and three camels, and this is just a few of the scenes..  We always have thousands of people to drive through the Nativity scene.  Each year it brings a tear to my eyes. 

I am looking forward to a three day school week,

I wish each and every one a safe and happy week. I leave you all with:

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it surreal when you think that what happened could happen anywhere? And then you start thinking about the security in your own school, and the kids who you know aren't stable, even when they're only 6 or 7 years old.
    Have a good (short) week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that live Nativity. I would love to see one of those.
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Wednesday Hodgepodge

  1.What do you love about your life right now?  I thank God everyday for giving me a new day.  I love spending time with my grandsons; ther...