Wednesday, September 11, 2024

Wednesday Hodgepodge

 



From this Side of the Pond

1. When the Hodgepodge lands on September 11th I want to acknowledge that. Will you purposely pause to remember, pray, or attend any sort of ceremony on 9/11? Share any thoughts or memories you'd like to share about this day. 

I will most definitely pause and say a prayer.  No ceremonies happening in my area to remember September 11th, and this makes me sad.

I vividly remember this day.  I was at school and was having to go out of town that evening for a conference.  When I first heard of the attack, I was scared, furious, worried, and so sad.  All TVs were cut off in our classrooms (per principal).  This made me more apprehensive!!  Teachers were taking turns going to the teacher lounge to see what was going on.  My principal had us still go on our out of town conference.  Thankful, we had rooms because since all airports were shut down no one had a room.  All food places were closed.  The chaos in the hotel lobby was something I will never forget.  The night was so quiet and eerie.  

2. Growing up, did you spend a lot of time with your grandparents? What's something you learned from a grandparent? 

I spent a lot of time with my grandparents.  My father's mom and dad lived very close to us.  She was such a wise woman and a very Christian lady.  In the summer, I traveled to Baltimore to spend time with my mother's mother. 

I learned a lot from both.  From my dad's mom, I learned Christian values, to laugh at my mistakes, and to not gossip. I learned the history of my family and much emotional support.

From my mother's mom, I learned survival skills.  She would tell me about the Great Depression and how one needs to know what to do in case this happens again.

3. What's your go-to breakfast?

I do not eat breakfast; usually just coffee.  I could eat breakfast at 10am, that would make me happy!

4. Tell us the story behind one of your favorite photos. 

 
My lap and heart were full!!  With the 2020 scare, holding the twins and touching Blake was my favorite moment.
During the Coach against game, players chose a member to play for.  This young man chose my late husband.



My beautiful daughters.

5. This week Friday lands on the 13th. Are you superstitious in any way? Do you like scary movies, and if so what's your favorite? 

I am kinda superstitious....going in and out the same door, black cat crossing in front of me, breaking a mirror, etc. are just a few.  I use to like scary movies but living alone NOPE!

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

Monday was Grand Slam Lunch with your Grandparent at my grandson's school.  It was also bookfair!  Yep, who buys the grandparent.  I went and enjoyed lunch with Blake and of course spent some money on books!


Have a great rest of the week and Enjoy Life!

6 comments:

  1. Sometimes I look at my kids and wonder if they'll gift me grandchildren so I can do those things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right now, I am scared of the world my grandchildren are growing up in.

      Delete
  2. They had lunch with the grands at my grandson's school too. Unfortunately, we live in Ohio and he lives in Florida, so instead his Aunt "stood in" for us and he was happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How clever to host the book fair on Grandparent's Day. Somebody thought that through lol. I'm excited to have some of my grands live nearby soon so I can take part in special school/sporting events.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed your answers. I like the grandparents day idea!

    ReplyDelete

Wednesday Hodgepodge

  1. When the Hodgepodge lands on September 11th I want to acknowledge that. Will you purposely pause to remember, pray, or attend any sort ...