Wednesday, July 24, 2024

Wednesday Hodgepodge

 


From this Side of the Pond

1. The Olympics kick off this coming weekend. Will you be watching? If you could watch just one event in person, which one would you choose? 

I will be out of town this weekend and miss the opening ceremony.   I will watch some of the Olympics.  If I could choose one event to watch in person, it would be gymnastics.

2. Have you ever been to Paris? Is this a city you'd like to visit? What's your favorite 'French thing'? 

I have never been to Paris but would like to visit this city and see the Louvre Museum.  My favorite 'French thing' is French Onion Soup (the first thought that popped into my mind_.

.3. Macaron, creme brulee, chocolate soufle, mille feuille, or an eclair...your favorite French patisserie from the ones listed? 

Favorite French pastry would be creme brulee.  The custard is so rich and smooth.

4. July 24th is National Cousins Day...do you have many cousins? Are you close to them? Will you see any of your cousins on July 24th? 

I have many cousins.  Most of my cousins still live in Maryland and won't be seeing them.  I have one cousin in Virginia and will probably see her.

5.  Last time you went somewhere that felt like 'everyone and his cousin' was there? 

The last place I went to and felt like 'everyone and is cousin' was there was a funeral. 

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

A couple of college friends came Friday and spent the weekend with me.  We went to an Arts and Crafts Festival at Hungry Mother Park.  But mostly, we just chilled and enjoyed each other's company.

Heading out this weekend for a quick last vacation before returning to school next Tuesday.  The summer has surely flown by.

Have a great rest of the week and Enjoy Life!

6 comments:

  1. Hope you girls had a great weekend! You go back early, but it seems most places do now. I feel like it's still the middle of summer here. Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This summer went way too fast. My kids have one more week of camp then one off before school begins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow crazy you go back to school next week. Summer is going to fast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoyed your answers..I like creme brulee too. I'd love to try making it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like a good French onion soup too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We like the same dessert. It is sad but still nice to see family at the funerals. Enjoy your vacation!

    ReplyDelete

Wednesday Hodgepodge

  1. Something you're working on currently?  Currently working on two things right now!  One, I am trying to clean off my garden.  My ga...