Wednesday, October 4, 2023

Wednesday Hodgepodge

 


From this Side of the Pond

1. What's something that scares you? 

The future of our world.  I am scared of the type of world my precious grandsons will be growing up in.

2. Do you care where the food you eat comes from? To what degree? 

I care where my food comes from.  I put out a garden this year, and I didn't put a lot of chemicals on my plants to keep the insects away.  I am leery of the fresh veggies I purchase at a grocery store.  When it comes to meat, I am not much of a meat eater and I don't want to eat meat that is grown in a lab.  I buy eggs from a teacher and I know this is okay.  To what degree I would say about an 8 or 9.  I do care where my food comes from.  We (teachers and I) were just talking about this the other day about how girls are maturing faster than when we were their age.  We concluded it is the food they eat!

3. What's something you wish you'd spent more time doing when you were younger? 

Writing down the stories my grandmother and father-in-law told me.

4. Let's play autumn this or that....pumpkin spice or apple cider? Corn maze or haunted house? Horror film or Hallmark movie? Blanket or sweatshirt? Watch football or watch the World Series? Foilage-red, yellow or orange? 

Apple cider, haunted house, horror film (if I am with someone) Hallmark movies make me cry, a cozy blanket, football, and orange foliage!

5. This time last year where were you and what were you doing? 

Last year, teaching where I am now.

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

Well, we have survived the pink-eye and stomach buy so far.  I told my daughter, "Welcome to Kindergarten!"


4 comments:

  1. I agree that a Hallmark movie might make me cry so my plan is to avoid them. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pink eye and stomach bug -- so sorry! Our youngest granddaughter is in 4K and last year and this year, she has caught every single thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The stomach bug-ugh!! I taught kindergarten and it's a germ fest lol. Plus these kids have been in a bubble post-Covid so I think everyone is gonna get everything. I'd like to have a garden. We do not have a good spot for one here. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with the writing down stories..I wish I had done that. Even my parents.

    ReplyDelete

Wednesday Hodgepodge

  1. Did you watch the Kentucky Derby this past weekend? Have you ever been to a horse race? Ever ridden a horse? Did you enjoy it? Have you...