Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Wednesday Hodgepodge



From this Side of the Pond
1. What's something bizarre you've seen or heard recently? 

The news about Carly Russell, who was missing, but what happened seems unreal.  Was there a toddler in the road, was she kidnapped, how did she showed back up...This to me is bizarre.

2. July 18th is National Sour Candy Day. Who knew? Do you like sour candies or other foods with 'sour' flavors? Kimchi, rhubarb, gooseberries, tamarind, dill pickles, sour cherries, sauerkraut, cranberries, and  grapefruit...of the sour foods listed which is your favorite? 

I don't like sour candy.  I do like grapefruit and sauerkraut.

3. Share a favorite memory of an aunt or uncle. 

I would go to Baltimore in the summer (from 4th grade till 7th grade) and stay with my grandmother and aunt.  My aunt was so special to me.  My aunt would take me shopping and sometimes I was able to go to work with her (she worked as a secretary at the VA Hospital). Even when my aunt got married (I was her flower girl in her wedding), I was still special to her.  We just shared a special bond.  I  remember she curled her hair every night with those bristle curlers and she always wore dresses and panty hose to work.  She always had time to listen to me.  Even as I got older, married, and had children, we talked on the phone for hours.  Sadly, she passed away six years ago and I miss her terribly.

4. How would you describe your ability to manage stress? 

I manage stress pretty good as long as there is food.  I am a stress eater so having food helps me manage stress tremendously.

5. What do you think about when you let your mind wander? 

How fast time goes by.  Sometimes I find it hard to wrap by brain around this.

6. Insert your own random thought here.  



My veggies are really starting to come in.  All at once, I might add.  I have given much away and that is okay because no way can I eat it all.  I am being named, "The Veggie Lady!"

3 comments:

  1. Yummy, your vegetables look good and I'd love a mess of beans pretty soon...I must talk to hubby because he makes them like my mom did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How special to have such sweet memories with your aunt. Your veggies look so fresh and good. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, that was a bizarre story...awesome on the veggies.

    ReplyDelete

Wednesday Hodgepodge

  1. Did you watch the Kentucky Derby this past weekend? Have you ever been to a horse race? Ever ridden a horse? Did you enjoy it? Have you...