Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Wednesday Hodgepodge

 


From this Side of the Pond

1. Did you celebrate St. Patrick's Day in some way? If so tell us how. Are you a fan of corned beef? Cabbage? The color green? 

Didn't celebrate St.Patrick's Day because I was driving to Tennessee.  I am a fan of corned beef and cabbage with a side of cornbread!  I didn't wear the color green but some shades of green I enjoy wearing.

2. March 22nd is National Goof Off Day...will you celebrate? Your favorite way to goof off? Last time you had a whole day to spend 'goofing off'? 

Won't celebrate National Goof Off Day!!  Last week, I spent the entire day 'goofing off'!  I was tired from my trip, went to work on Monday and Monday evening I was dragging.  I got the text early Tuesday morning that my county was on a 2hr delay due to some snow in parts of the county.  I went back to sleep, which I never do for fear of over sleeping. About an hour later, I received another text that the superintendent had decided to close school for my county.  I slept until 9 o'clock...highly unusual for me.  I got up, drank my coffee, and got dressed.  I sat in my recliner, watched movies, and popped popcorn all day!! And slept some more. Felt so much better on Tuesday evening.  People who know me, know that I am full of energy and rarely do I do this, but you know what?  It is okay to take a day and just 'goof off'.  

My favorite way to 'goof off' is just sitting on my patio and reading a good book.

3. Something on your to-do list that has been there more than a month? Will this be the month you finally cross it off? 

I have been meeting to go to my local store and purchase some foam spray.  This has been on my to-do- list since January.  The store is only FIVE Minutes away, but I constantly forget.  I hope this is the month I can cross this off!


4. In your opinion, what emotion is the most beneficial? Which one is the least useful? 

The most beneficial emotion is unconditional love.  This is just a love you have for someone without expecting anything in return.

The least useful (I have two) would be anger and worry.  But I do get angry sometimes and I am a worry wart.

5. What was your favorite thing to do as a kid? Elaborate. 

Because the weather is turning warmer (Mother Nature was off her meds these last few days), I am going to say my favorite thing I did as a kid was playing in the street in the summer.

My neighborhood kids were all close. not only in age, but we looked out for each other.  In the summer, we would all gather in the middle of the street-the same spot was used-and play the game, 'kick the can'. The neighborhood kids and I would wait till dusk, around 8:30 and gather in the street.  There wasn't many cars coming up /down the street, but when a car approached, we would yell, "CAR, CAR, RUN FAR!"  After the car passed, we began playing again.  We would play this game for hours.  When the game was over, we always went to a friend's house, sat on the porch, and the friend's parents would let us get a drink from the water hose.

Such fun, simple times!

6. Insert your own random thought here.  

My eighth grade students took the first part of the Standards of Learning Test for writing yesterday,  They were nervous (some went home sick) and I know it was just nerves.  My students were prepared, but these test does not tell the truth about how much they know!!!


Have a Great Rest of the Week and Enjoy Life!!

6 comments:

  1. I think sometimes it's very healthy for us to have a day off to do nothing, as you did. :-) I also loved playing with the neighborhood kids when I was young. Simpler times! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that worry is useless. I used to think that if I was worrying about something that was productive but in actuality, it was just detrimental.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you were able to get away and also have a day to recuperate. We used to play big games of kick the can in our neighborhood too. We'd se the boundaries and they would be several streets away. So much freedom and so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was fun to just play in the neighborhood as kids. Boy...you really did need that catch-up rest. Glad you were able to do that and recuperate. Unconditional love is an amazing thing. Happy Spring to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed reading your answers today. I too liked playing games in the street as a kid. Hope the rest of your week goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed your answers...cornbread with corned beef and cabbage sounds really good. I remember playing kick that can as well

    ReplyDelete

Wednesday Hodgepodge

1. What kind of thinker are you-doer concrete thinking) analyst (analytical and abstract thinking), orator (logical thinking) inventor (imag...