Wednesday, July 6, 2022

Wednesday Hodgepodge








1. July 6th is National Fried Chicken Day...are you a fan? Do you make your own or have a favorite place to buy from? Do you own chickens? If not chicken what's your favorite fried food?


A fan of fried chicken!!  I have never made my own fried chicken.  


I do not own any chickens, but a lot of my friends do.



2.  What's something you're too chicken to try?

I am too chicken to go to a restaurant and eat dinner by myself.  Going Solo....I just don't know.

3. When did you last find yourself running around like a 'chicken with its head cut off'?


Here lately, it is been about every day. Just on example:  a couple of weeks ago I decided to buy the grandsons their own beds for my house.  Problem was all my bedrooms have beds (duh)!!  My cousin came over and said for me to sell the King Size bed (this was on a Tuesday) I haven't slept in that bed since my late hub died.  My cousin posted it on FB and by that evening it had sold! My daughter had found a bunk bed with twin beds.  Early Wednesday morning, the person came to get my King Size bed (shew!! tearing it down was a nightmare).  After he left, I went to daughter's house and we went to get the bedroom suit for my grandsons. Plus all the other stuff...bedding, pillows, rugs, etc.  Well, the bedroom suit wouldn't fit in her van.  We get to her lake house, I unloaded all the other stuff from her van, and loaded my car with it.  I was headed home when Keith (my late daughter's husband) called and he had found 7 totes of stuff that was mine.  He was bringing it to my house.  I got home unloaded the vehicle and my  had put full size stuff in the buggy and I needed twin size.  Keith came and I helped him unload his truck with my totes (SEVEN).  I asked Keith if he would mind taking me to the place where we had purchased the beds and I was going to return the bedding for the proper size.  He agreed and I am so glad no one was around because the bed stuff was long and I was in the back of his truck trying to make it fit!  We headed home and we opened the box and was carrying the pieces in; it was so heavy.  Finally, Kenneth (daughter's hub) came from work and we all began assembling the bed. I turn around and here is Emily with the three boys.  Well, you know how excited they were.  But, even though you read the directions stuff is hard to put together.  We ordered pizza for dinner and the boys wanted to spend the night in their new bed.  Another problem..I had no PJ's but I had undershirts but no night time diapers for the twins.  By this time it is almost 10pm. Now in my small town the only place that is open this late is a grocery store and it closes at 11pm. I rush to the store and buy night time diapers!!!  I was so tired...it was one thing after the other that day, but in the end it all turned out perfect.

 


4. Something you've done recently that makes you think 'I'm no spring chicken'

Tending to my garden, mowing, weed eating, baking 6 loaves of zucchini bread to freeze and cleaning windows in the same day....NEVER again...I was pooped!  My mind said I could, but my body felt the tiredness.

5. 'Winner winner chicken dinner'...tell us about something good that's happened in your life lately. 

I celebrated another trip around the sun on Sunday.  Everyday is a blessing.

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

Having all 3 boys spend the night was a blessing





I don't mind sharing my veggies with my neighbor but the groundhogs have got to go...caught 3

My birthday cake the boys got me.




Have a great rest of the week and Enjoy Life!







5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, what a day! And night lol. I am contmeplating a revamp of furniture in one of my guest rooms to add a bunk. I have a queen but I think they'd sleep better in separate beds and I can keep the queen and still have room for a bunk. How do people downsize? Maybe their families live really close and can go home to sleep. Ours always come and stay. Which we love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww Happy Birthday and the boys look so sweet in their new beds. Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to you! Yikes that was quite the ordeal but it sounds like a good result with the switching out of the beds! Hope the rest of your week goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have a Popeyes in our town but I haven't visited it yet. Haha...I won't go to a restaurant and eat alone either. I enjoyed all your answers.

    ReplyDelete

Wednesday Hodgepodge

1. What kind of thinker are you-doer concrete thinking) analyst (analytical and abstract thinking), orator (logical thinking) inventor (imag...