Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Wednesday Hodgepodge

 

1. What's one thing you learned at the ripe old age of whatever age you are now?

I have learned that time goes by fast.  Some days might seem to drag on and on while others fly by.  But the older I get, the faster time passes.

2. I read here a list of foods that can help you look younger-

extra virgin olive oil, green tea, fatty fish, dark chocolate, vegetables, flaxseeds, pomegranates, avocados, tomatoes, spices, bone broth

How many of the foods listed have you tried? How many do you eat regularly? Your favorite from the list?

I eat mostly vegetables (not much of a meat person), avocados and tomatoes.  My favorite will have to be vegetables. I have tried green tea but not a fan, as a matter of fact, I am not a fan of any tea and I tried dark chocolate...nope not for me, either.

3. Something you miss from the 'good old days'? When were the good old days anyway?

From my childhood days, I miss Sunday lunch and get togethers.  After church, we always had a huge lunch at my grandmother's house.  To this day, I can't wrap my head around how my grandmother attended church but was still able to prepare a huge lunch for us. I also miss how neighbors looked after each other and we showed kindness to others.

4. What are two or three of the most rewarding things to be found in growing older?

First it would have to be grandchildren.  With this pandemic,I don't get to snuggle them or see them very often, but I love them so.

The second thing would be to enjoy each day.  Life can and will throw you curveballs.  There are no guarantees and we aren't promised tomorrow, so find something to enjoy each day.


5. What's your favorite part of your life right now?

Seeing pictures of grandchildren.

6. Insert your own random thought here.

Friday we had a seafood boil again.  Enjoyed this so much.  

If anyone knows how to go back to the old blogger...please instruct me.  I am not getting this new blogger at all having difficulty inserting images.

Have a great rest of the week. 

Keep on keeping on and Enjoy Life!


10 comments:

  1. On the main page of your blogger account scroll down to the bottom of the options on the left side of the page. You’ll see where it says revert to legacy (think this is the term they use). Click and it switches you back. Hope you get to see those grand babies soon! I understand the missing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those were definitely the good old days. I enjoyed reading your post. Not a green tea fan here either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I enjoyed your answers and we answered many of them the same. I have always questioned how our grandmothers could get the whole family ready and out the door for church, attend church, and still get a big Sunday dinner on the table. How??? I still can't manage it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't stand the new blogger. It is the worst!! I see that Joyce gave you instructions. Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Time definitely flies by faster and faster the older we get. I hope you are able to see your grands soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not a new blogger fan, either!
    No dark chocolate for you? Can I have yours?? Please?
    Since we have moved, we can see our grands now more often than once a year. I hope you will be able to see yours soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will join the chorus with my dislike of the new blogger. I saw no need in changing some the things (whomever it was) thought was necessary. Sure hope you get to snuggle with those grandchildren real soon. All of mine live away, so I understand the missing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like you, I miss the old blogger but at this point I don't think it's possible to go back. We are past their point of no return.

    When I was very young, we, too, had Sunday dinners at my grandmother's house. It is a great memory. Wish we could go back to that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, it would be nice if things could slow down. I have some fond memories from my childhood too. Grandchildren are a special gift that God has given to us. I get to see James but we are social distancing which is working out okay although I think I may hug him this weekend. Take your time, you will find things are still there, just in new places. I do not like change and I don't know why they have to do this to us. Facebook changed too!

    ReplyDelete

Wednesday Hodgepodge

1. What kind of thinker are you-doer concrete thinking) analyst (analytical and abstract thinking), orator (logical thinking) inventor (imag...