Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Wednesday Hodgepodge

grab button for From this Side of the Pond


1. The US of A celebrated Memorial Day this past Monday. Does your family have any military ties? If so, tell us about them.

My uncles were all in the military and fought in WWII and in the Vietnam War.

2. Cole slaw, potato salad, baked beans, potato chips, mac and cheese, macaroni salad...your favorite BBQ side? How many of these do you make from scratch vs. buying from the deli?


I love potato salad.  I usually make potato salad, macaroni salad, and baked beans from scratch.  Usually buy cole salad and Mac and Cheese...I have met the most wonderful chef..Bob Evans most of his stuff is really good.
Bob Evans Sides Macaroni & Cheese, 20 oz - Walmart.com - Walmart.com
If you haven't checked him out...do!

3.  I enjoyed asking this question back when the Hodgepodge was a regular thing...Lake Superior State University posts a list each year of words they think should be banished from the Queen's English for misuse, overuse, and/or general uselessness. The 2020 list includes-quid pro quo, artisanal, curated, influencer, literally, I mean, living my best life, mouthful (word used by foodies to describe texture of food in their mouth), chirp (basically an insult, you can read more on the website), jelly (short for jealous), totes (short for totally), vibe, and OK Boomer (internet response from millenial to older generation).

Of the words/phrases listed which would you most like to see 'banned'?


Since, I am considered the older generation, definitely OK Boomer would be banned!!

4. I'm sure next year's list will be filled with words springing out of this weird season we're all in currently. What word or phrase associated with the Corona would you be happy to hear less often?

Pandemic!
Are you wearing a mask or not?
Do you wear gloves?
The numbers keep climbing!!
Social Distancing!!

5.  The month of May wraps up in just a few days. Bid her adieu in ten words or less.

Hoping the month of June is much better than May!

6. Insert your own random thought here.

Was able to spend some time with my aunt and her family this weekend.
I borrowed this from my daughter's FB...Gosh I can't wait to hug these boys!!


Have a great rest of the week....Enjoy Life!


4 comments:

  1. I agree w/ you on the Bob Evans microwave sides. I remember when I was growing up, we even had a Bob Evans restaurant in our town ... and the commercials "Bob Evans ... down on the farm." :)
    Well, this is a random comment - but HELLO from the HodgePodge none-the-less. I do hope June is better for us all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great day it will be when you can love on those precious little boys. Hoping it is really soon for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you had some family time. I make mac and cheese from scratch, but I have tried the Bob Evans and it is yummy! Hope you get to hold those babies soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great phrases and words to get rid of for sure. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

A-Z Challenge...Letter O

  O Ocean The Ocean is My Happy Place When I am at the ocean, my senses are engaged in new sights, smells, tastes, and sounds.  The ocean im...