Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Wednesday Medley


Wednesday Medley


1. The first week of October is National Mystery Series Week. Do you sleuth alongside Nancy Drew or Miss Marple? Fan of Nero Wolfe? 

I am not into mysteries :(   Most genre I love but not mysteries.

2. The first week of October is also National Chili Week. Do you plan on celebrating with a bowl of red? Have a top secret recipe to share?

Image result for sweltering hot
No Way!  I love chili; the hotter the better BUT we are still having temps in the 90s!!  I know it is crazy, right?  I might celebrate with a cool drink full of ice!


3. October 2nd is National Name Your Car Day. Does your car or did a family car have a name?
 

I think I remember when growing up, we named our family truck.


4. Today is also National Walk To School Day. Did you walk to school with your friends? Take a school bus? Ever have someone carry your books home from school?
 
Image result for big yellow school bus


I rode the bus most days to school.  It was fun standing in line waiting on the big, yellow bus while talking to my friends.  In high school there was someone who would carry my books...oh to be young again.

5. And it is National Pumpkin Seed Day. Do you like pumpkin seeds? Do you carve the pumpkin and roast the seeds? Do you buy packaged, prepared pumpkin seeds?
 Or more of a pumpkin spice person?


Gemmy 26266 Jack-o-lantern Halloween Decoration, 8.27" W X 8.86" L

I like pumpkin seeds.  I haven't carved a pumpkin in about 7 years.  The last pumpkin carved was with my hub's grandson who at that time was 3.  I enjoy carving pumpkins but with no little ones around anymore, I don't carve them.  My grandson will be 2 in January so maybe this is the year to start again.

I don't buy packaged pumpkin seeds as far as pumpkin spice can take it or leave it.6. Please tell us something interesting about your week. 

The weather has been extremely hot!!  Our community celebrated the Apple Festival this weekend.  The crowd was definitely down due to the heat.  #2 Daughter entered a float from her drug store and won second place.

Have a great rest of the week....Enjoy Life

4 comments:

  1. It's hot here too and our town had Apple Fest too this past weekend. I didn't attend though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, and hoping hyou are staying cool.. We, too, here in Virginia have suffered a terrible hot dry spell, but praise Go, tomorrow looks to be our last really hot day, and 70's thereafter.. Congrats to your daughter and float award... Great memories!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is in the 90s here on the New Jersey seashore as well today.. too hot for October. Tomorrow it seems the temps will go back down. Yup, too hot for chili today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Louisiana has seen more than its share of hot, humid weather this summer but hoping for a break in the high temps this weekend and next week. We have a wedding in northern Arkansas next week, so we are looking forward to the cooler weather up there. I'm with you on the pumpkins - not a fan. I am even only using faux pumpkins in my fall decor this year. Enjoy the rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete

Wednesday Hodgepodge

  1.What do you love about your life right now?  I thank God everyday for giving me a new day.  I love spending time with my grandsons; ther...