Sunday, September 20, 2015

Weekend Rewind....




Weekend Rewind....


Hey ya'll fall arrives in three days!!
Image result for fall

I am ready to pull out my boots, leggings, sweaters, and sweatshirts.  How about ya'll?  I say fall is my favorite season, but hub quickly says I thought winter, spring, summer was your favorite season.  Then I respond with-well it just depends on when you ask me.  Right now it is fall.  The air is getting a little cooler-a light weight jacket for the morning commute is needed.  One does not have to put on gloves, a hat/scarf and a heavy coat and trudge out in the snow.  Of course, the snow is beautiful especially when one does not have to commute in it.  I love watching the snow fall and seeing the fresh snow-how it sparkles.

I love smelling the air in the fall.  One can smell someone firing up his/her stove.  As hub, grandson, and I were walking back from the football game Friday evening, I could smell someone's wood stove.  It smelled so good.  I told hub and grandson to stop and just take a few deep smells-smell that? I asked. Replied yeah that is smoke!  Not to me it is fall!  Hub then reminded me that pretty soon I would not be able to take my walks due to the seasons changing and it would be too cold to take a walk.  

This coming weekend is our community's Apple Festival.  Chilhowie was past tense :(  known for the apple orchards.  I can remember when I was in high school always attending the Apple Festival.  Now there are very few and I mean only one to be exact apple orchard left in our community.  Many, many homes are now in the apple orchards.  Anyway, our little community still has an Apple Festival.  The town is all decorated with hay, pumpkins, flags, and of course apples!  The weekend before there are several beauty pageants and the queen isn't crowned until next Saturday-Shew a long time to wait.  There is also a street dance, featuring a local band, and music from my hay day!  Hub and I had both grandkids there last night.  I love my 'ole' music.  On Thursday (24th) many vendors will come to our little community.  They will be all set up and ready by Friday.  I am hoping for many crafts to look at. Saturday (26) there is a parade beginning at 10.  This year, our pharmacy is putting a float in the parade.  Right now it is under construction in our garage...and will be finished by Thursday night.  After the parade, the crowning of the queen, and then a band competition (usually around 20+ bands) will perform on our football field. Many people will attend the band competition and a few band kids will take a quick walk through our crafts.   The festival will end on Sunday, with the closing of gospel music.  

Hub and I have started planning what and when we need to get things going.  Hub fixes fried ham on the grill, while I bake rolls and serve to all who stop by before the parade on Saturday.  Later that evening we start a fire in the fireplace outside and roast hotdogs (other fixins too) and S'mores!  I hope the weather cooperates this weekend.  Keeping my fingers crossed.  


This past weekend I met up with my college friends and sorority sisters for breakfast.  We chatted, laughed and ate.  Even though we do not get to see each other as often as we like, when we do get together it is like we have never been apart.  I cherish these little get togethers more and more.

Have a great week!






No comments:

Post a Comment

A-Z Challenge...Letter P

  P Playing with Grandsons H ow can one not smile when around their grandchildren?   My grandsons just make me feel better when I am around ...