1. We celebrate Veteran's Day in the US of A on November 11th. When did you last interact with a member of the armed forces (either currently serving or retired)? Have you ever written a letter to a soldier, bought a meal or coffee for a solider, said an unprompted thank you to a soldier you encountered out and about somewhere? If you're not in the US, comment on a similar holiday in your own country.
My youngest daughter's best friend is currently serving in the military in Hawaii. I guess just opening up my house to her was the last time-which was last December. I am bad that I don't think a veteran enough for all they have done for me :(
2. You can have fifty pounds of anything at all (except money)...what would you choose?
Oh My! I would chose fifty pounds of almonds! I love almonds and they are expensive-every time I walk by them, I think to myself-Gosh-too expensive for me.
3. When did you last receive an invitation in the 'real' mail? What was it for and did you attend? When it comes to RSVP-ing, are you an 'early responder' or a 'last minute, barely-under-the-wire' kind of guest?
This past spring-a wedding invitation-yes I responded and yes I attended!
4. What's something you really don't like to waste?
Food-I keep leftovers but eventually have to get rid of them because with our busy schedules hub and I are seldom home at the same time.
5. Cheers, Friends, MASH, Seinfeld...of the ones listed, your favorite long-running sitcom?
Cheers- sometimes I catch myself humming the theme song.
6. What decision are you glad you made?
The decision to become a Christian. Also the decision to marry the man of my dreams.
7. In this month of 'Thanksgiving' what is one thing that's different today than it was a year ago that you're grateful for?
Grateful that my dear mother-in-law is no longer suffering. Death is hard but sometimes death can be a blessing. It is difficult to watch someone you love dearly, suffer.
8. Insert your own random thought here.