Monday, August 18, 2014

Weekend Rewind...



Weekend Rewind..


Summer is coming to an end  :(


I had to return to school on Wednesday for teacher in-service and work days.  Tuesday evening I was asking hub where had summer gone?  The older I get, the faster time goes by. Maybe I just pay more attention to time now a days.  Remembering when I had no care in the world and time just stood still-wishing I was older so I could do other things-wish now I was younger!
Seeing my colleagues and catching up on -what have you done this summer?  took up much of Wednesday's day.  Thursday our school had no electricity-changing an electric for a new business (now you think with the beginning of school-this could have been better coordinated?).  But we made do-in the dark!  Friday was another day of in-service and chit chatting.  I was rushing around at 6 that evening saying I hadn't gotten much accomplished in my room.  Panic mood struck-Monday is our Back To School Night and just look at the mess in my room, so much stuff, and how would I get it all put away by Monday night.  But you know what?  I will get it all done-that is just what teachers do.  
Students return to school on Wednesday, August 20th.  I won't get a wink of sleep on Tuesday!  Laying awake just thinking about the start of a new year.  After 32 years one would think I would change, but no-I am just excited as some of the students are.  I can't wait to hear the laughter/giggles coming down the hall and seeing how the students have changed over the summer.  Middle school students do change, you know.
The biggest change for me will be....

grandson, (little man) starting kindergarten!  Again, where has the time gone?

Weekend was filled up with  last minute school (teacher) shopping.  Has anyone tried the new blackboard contact paper?  A colleague had this in her room and I love it. Great idea to use! No such luck in finding this at my local teacher store-must need to order this on line.
On the way home, hub and I ate at a place called 'Political Dog' in Glade Spring, Va.  They are famous for their hot dogs of course.  The hot dogs were great-catching names like-The Darkhorse, The Governator, The Closed Session, The Pocket Veto, etc.  I had the Darkhorse and it was amazing.  The service was also great.  If anyone is in our neck of the woods stop by and give the place a try.
A couple of magnets and buttons were given to us, also.

Have a great week and Enjoy Life!
Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment

A-Z Challenge....Letter U

  U Unicorns When my daughters were younger, they loved unicorns.  Personally, I was fascinated by their colors. The other day, I saw a few ...