Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Questions & Answers....Hodgepodge






1. Do you think the world became a more dangerous place on September 11, 2001 or did we just become more aware of the danger? How has your own life changed as a result of that day?

A little of both-I have become more aware of my surroundings when traveling to large cities then before 9-11.  The world has become more dangerous; I don't know if it is because of 9-1-11 or have we just forgotten our morals and values.



2. Did you think your parents were too strict when you were growing up? How about in hindsight?
NO!!!  What is wrong with today's generation is they believe they do no wrong and they have an excuse for everything that happens to them!  I could go on and on and on....but better not.  As I reminisce, my parents were strict, but I appreciated all they did for me.



3. Share one random but candid fact about yourself.

I am painfully--HONEST!



4. Would your nearest and dearest describe you as simple or far too complicated?

My dearest said-and I quote--"in between."  He says I am not too simple or overly complicated. Hum....I was wanting an exact answer from him.



5. What is your favorite stadium or carnival food?

Stadium food--this would be popcorn.  I just realized that very few times do I eat popcorn at home.  I jokingly tell Charlie (hub) when Emily begins playing basketball, we go on a corn feed diet-mainly me.  Of course, Charlie eats the famous hot dogs or pizza.  I prefer popcorn-easy for me to handle as I yell at the referees-which I am really going to try not to do this year.




6. Tornado, hurricane, earthquake...how many of these natural disasters have you experienced? Which event do you think would be the scariest?

This year, I have experienced a tornado--April 28, 2011.  I don't know if you can say I really experienced this or not--the tornado happened 4 miles from my house.  Charlie and I decided, when the electricity went off that night, like two fools to go upstairs to bed. He and I slept through the tornado.  The next morning when my neighbor came over did I realize the damage that had happened.  You talk about being scared.....I kept thinking that could have been Charlie and I thrown from our bed.  Believe me the next time ( and I hope there will never be a next time) the tronado warnings happen, Charlie and I will not go upstairs.


 Just last week, my principal came to my classroom and asked if I had felt anything. "Felt what?" I replied.  He informed me there was an eathquake "up the road." "Huh?" He explained to me there had been an earthquake earlier and it had been reported to him earlier that some people had noticed their desks moving and tables moving.  I just replied--"I never felt a thing."
An earthquake struck Virginia
Again, I can't say I really experienced this--

The scariest disaster would be a hurricane.  I am not a big fan of the water-almost drowned years ago, so not a water person.


7. Labor Day weekend is approaching so a work related question seems appropriate. Growing up, did your parents assign you regular chores? Were you paid for doing those chores? If you're a parent do you assign chores to your own children? Why or why not?

Growing up, I had chores before and after school.  Paid----No way but if I did not do my chores-well-I knew I would get some form of a consequence.  My daughters had chores to do.  Having some form of responsibility (around the house, etc.) made my daughters realize-life is not always fair and work is not always fun and games. Today many children do not have chores and if they do have chores I often hear parents say-"I can't make Johnny do anything."  I reply--"Now Johnny is 13 and you are 30 or 40 something and....who is  older?"  It pains me so to hear parents pay children for good grades-what happens when they don't make good grades?  Children today do no have any intrinsic values and this begins at home.



That last question was inspired by a post Mindee wrote on Monday. Everyone go say hi to Mindee-she blogs at Our Front Door and she's funny.





8. Insert your own random thought here.

Hope all survived Irene and all is well.  Since school has begun, I haven't had much time to blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Wednesday Hodgepodge

  1.  Mayday! Mayday! ...when was the last time (or a recent time) you literally or figuratively needed to call for help? Elaborate.  Two we...