Red, white, blue-wednesday hodgepodge
1. How did you welcome the month of July, and tell us one fun thing you did to celebrate the 4th. (or the weekend for any non-USA residents playing along today)
I did a little cleaning to welcome July. On the 4th, we grilled out and watched some neighbors set off fireworks.
On July 3rd, we went to listen to a band play 60's, 70's, and 80's music--Loved this group. Later when the band finished playing, I watched the most spectacular fireworks show ever!
2. Right now..what's your favorite red thing? white thing? blue thing?
so easy to haul grandkids in and my 'stuff'
This came in handy today!
3. Wave the white flag, raise a red flag, fly your freak flag...which 'flag' have you flown most recently? Explain.
I am getting close to waving the white flag...I am treasurer of a festival in our town....(because the former one passed away unexpectedly). I don't want to let the committee down but I am not really liking this at all!!
4. According to Cond Nast Traveler these are the seven best places to visit in July-
a boat safari in Botswanna's Okavango Delta, Riviera Maya Mexico (it's whale shark season and apparently you can swim with them), Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons, Pamploma Spain, St. Petersburg Russia, the Fuji Rock Festival at Mount Naeba Japan, the Salzburg Festival in Salzburg Austria
If time and money weren't factors would you want to see any/all of these? Which would you most like to see and why?
I would like to see St. Petersburg Russia. While there I would attend an opera and ballet show. Then I would love to see the Russian art. When I taught World Geography, I loved teaching the unit on Russia.
5. Grilled cheese, pimento cheese, or mac and cheese...your favorite from the cheesy treats listed?
6. What makes you sweat?
7. Your favorite movie with a 'patriotic' theme of some sort?
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Ever wonder why some weeks there is nothing much going on and then WHAM!! in some weeks there isn't enough time to get all accomplished??!!