1. Something you've seen recently that's 'cuter than a June bug'?
2. Tell us something about where you were and what you were doing in June of 1988? If you weren't born yet, June of 1998. Or if that doesn't work, June of 2008.
June 1988, I was raising my six month old daughter and probably trying to get my house organized, which we had built and moved into in October 1987 prior to daughter's birth December 1987.
3. A place in your home or outdoor space where you feel 'snug as a bug in a rug'?
In my recliner in the den.
4. June is National Fresh Fruits and Vegetable Month. Do you normally get your 4-5 servings each day? What's a favorite summer dish you make/serve/like to be served-ha! made with one of your favorite summer fruits. A favorite summer dish made with a favorite summer veg? How do you feel about cooking in the summer months?
Probably don't get the recommended amount of fruits and vegetables on a daily basis.
Favorite fruit salad, I use peaches, blueberries, cherry tomatoes, apples, pineapples, pears, (any fruit I have on hand) cut it all up and add 1/4 cup of white balsamic vinegar....stir and Enjoy!
Favorite summer veggie: broccoli with dressing. Just pop the broccoli in the over for about 20 min till slightly brown then I make my own dressing to pour over the broccoli. Dressing olive oil, honey, garlic powder, red wine vinegar, oregano, and dijon mustard. I don't really measure anything out (YIKES!) maybe use a teaspoon or 2 of each and about 1/4 cup of the red wine vinegar and olive oil. So yummy!
Not much of a cooking anytime of the year. But in the summer, my late hub always grilled out and I miss this!
5. Do you have a summer reading list? If so share a title or two we can add to our own.
I have read a few books so far. The Star and the Shamrock, Secret Child, When Never Comes these are good and easy reads. I don't really have a reading list mainly just scam and see what interests me.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
I have been toying with the idea of purchasing a new vehicle. A few weeks ago, I bit the bullet. I traded in my 8 passenger van and sold hub's truck (this was hard for me to part with). It is only me and keeping two vehicles up plus paying taxes wasn't worth it. I purchased a 2021 CRV-AWD Honda this was all the vehicle I needed. Really suprised very little new vehicles on the car lots the salesperson said it was because of not getting the chips for the cars.
AND Friday, I was pulling some weeds around my house. I looked up and came face to face with a black snake. I didn't scream but slowly walked back in the house and called my cousin who took care of it for me. Probably about 15 inches long. SHEW!! Later that afternoon, I purchased bags of Snake Away and put this all around my house.
Have a great rest of the week.